Thursday, June 12, 2008

OLD BOY's update

THE STOMACH BUG IS A BACTERIA INFECTION. HE ACTUALLY IS ONLY A CARRIER AND DOES NOT HAVE THE BUG, BUT CAN BE PASSED ON QUITE EASILY TO OTHERS. SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES. GOWN, GLOVES AND WASH HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER EACH VISIT.


Spoke to dad again!!!! I cant help my self i ring every arvo and have a chat.It is only for a short period of time, and he said he does mind if i ring. He sounds heaps better, stll having the dialysis. 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He told mum she can go hme if she wants, so she is coming home or the weekend.Dean and i will visit her and take her out for tea or cook something special for her. Plus it is Deans birthday next week and everyone is busy plus he will be away so i wanted to let him no we still love him, and a nice tea would be good.


Hopefully when he picks up and the machines are available they might send dad to Wollongong which would be more feesable. I can actually drive to there and hope i dont get lost, i tend to get lost in my own town. Isn't that sad!


As dad is in a special room the kids are not allowed i so looks like bones should not visit, Dean ad I will visit the week after too as it is not fair on the kids and dean to drive all that way to sit in the car and i only see dad for 5 mins, plus i cant risk bring the infection home.


All in all the old boy is defiately getting better the process will be a long one though. He told me the last thing he remembers is coming home from work with chest pain. I asked was he scared or frightened he told me no.


Tomorrow off again for dialysis. The food is good, he ate chicken and vegies.A lot of people have rung and finally got to speak to him.


For the next 6 weeks he is only allowed to lift 5kg ,no more then a bucket full of water.


I have been over to there housing cleaning. I have washed curtains, floors etcTomorrow it is walls and lounge covers. this wll be a special welcome home to mother.


Mum is from now on staying at aunty heathers and rhondas that way she has company each night.


I spoke to dad about him returning back to work eventually and they said he will get some type of office job,but wil be on the close eye of salah, salah's always telling dad to slow down and not do so much but dad has always been a hard worker.


well enough for today thanks for your thoughts and prays

1 comments:

Happyjen said...

Yep I went and sat with Dad for a few hrs today, He was looking great and chatting away.
The view from his room is good, he can sit and watch who is coming to visit.
I can't believe the improvement from last time I saw him, he only has the tubes in his neck, the telemetry box n cords and his drip.
Wonderful news on Dad, can't wait to see him next Sunday.